Curbside Takeout Policy
Phoenix Public Library
Adopted by the Library Board of Trustees on June 11, 2020.
Anyone with a library card can use curbside pickup.
Don't have a library card? Click the link https://catalog.ncls.org/client/en_US/nclscat to apply for a card online. You will receive an email with a temporary card number that can be used for online resources and placing holds for curbside pickup.
Audiobooks, Books, DVDs and Magazines
Patrons may place hold 3 ways.
- By placing holds at www.ncls.org (specify Phoenix as pickup location)
- Login to your library account at the top of this page with your card number and PIN
- Search for materials in our catalog and click "Place Hold" to reserve them.
- By emailing email@example.com. Put HOLDS in subject line.
- Calling library at 315-695-4355 during curbside hours.
- Wait for a phone call notifying you that materials are ready for pickup.
- Once you receive a notice (by phone call) that your item is ready, we will hold it for 3 days. If you need an item held for longer than 3 days, please contact us by phone at 315-695-4355.
- Follow instructions for curbside or delivery detailed below
Procedures for Using Curbside Pickup
- Once you are notified that your holds are available, drive to the library during curbside hours and park.
- Curbside pickup hours will be (These hours are subject to change and will be reevaluated periodically.)
Monday 9 AM to 1 PM
Tuesday 2 PM to 6 PM
Wednesday 9 AM to 1 PM
Thursday 2 PM to 6 PM
Friday 9 AM to 1 PM
Saturday 9 AM to Noon
- Call the phone number on the sign and provide your name and library card number to staff.
- Staff will have a table or cart set up by the front door. Bagged items will be put on the table after the patron phones.
- Patron will be instructed to wait in their vehicle until the bag of items has been deposited on the table and the staff member has returned to the library building.
- Note: If you are unable to physically leave your vehicle, notify staff when calling and accommodations will be made.
*Please don't arrive at curbside until you are notified that your materials are ready for pickup. This notification will be by phone call. Since we are quarantining materials for safety, this process is taking longer than normal.
Returning Library Materials
Please use the Book Drop. Staff are NOT able to take items from you.
Returned items are quarantined for 72 hours before being re-shelved or released for reserves, based on the most current information available.
The library will take every step possible to ensure the safety of staff and patrons and will follow all safety protocol and guidance provided by the state and local health departments. It is expected that patrons follow any and all safety measures that library staff put in place. This may include, but not limited to, social distancing, mask wearing, and staying home when you are sick.
- Staff will pull holds that are available, use SIRSI to check out to user, bag items, and label bag with user’s name.
- Staff will call patron to notify them their order is ready.
- A maximum of 20 items may be picked up per card during curbside service.
- Items are fine free until further notice.
- Staff cannot take any payment for past fines or lost items as part of this service.
- Staff members will not handle returned items. Patrons will be instructed to put their returned items in the book drop.
- At the end of the designated pick up times, staff will wear gloves, clean table or cart with disinfectant spray and bring in lobby for next use.
- Wearing gloves, staff will empty book drop into cardboard boxes labeled with date. Boxes will then be in quarantine for 72 hours before books will be discharged and put back into circulation.